LYSEFJORD SAFARI CLASSIC - with PREIKESTOLEN VIEW
The most engaging and action-packed experience at sea! Get your energy levels up during an exciting but safe ride on the waves along the stunning Lysefjord. Enjoy its magical scenery while your adrenalin level gets high!
We'll rock the accelerator for you and speed up into one of Norway’s most impressive fjords.
The Lysefjord or the "Fjord of the lights" with the famous Preikestolen (Pulpit Rock) is Stavanger’s pride and charm.
Main infos about the trip
- Difficulty: Moderate.We still consider it as a soft action adventure
- Duration: 1 hour 45 min
- When? Every day during the season. Meet up 15 minutes prior to the trip
- Where? Meet up and end location: Central Port of Stavanger (Vågen), close to the Fishmarket (Fisketorget)
- What's Included? RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat) trip with experienced crew, guiding and safety gear.
- What To Bring? All gear is included. You can bring a small bag/purse if needed. Camera is recommended!
- Minimum age? Children younger than 14 only in companion with an adult. Absolute minimum age is 4 years!
- Minimum number of participants? It is required minimum 4 tickets sold. Otherwise the trip will be cancelled, and there will be a full refund.
- Languages: English & Norwegian
Get inspired by the beautiful landscapes, catch your breath and fully take in the great scenery.
On this boat trip qou truly get in touch with the enchanting surroundings.
If you’re lucky, you might even spot a majestic sea eagle gliding through the air or a seal sticking out their nose above the surface.
When the sun gets into the fjord, you will know why its called Lysefjord (Fjord of the lights).
Your captain takes you as close as he can to the vertical mountain drops to feel, smell and taste the pure water freshness of the Hengjane waterfall, or according to Norwegian mythology, the «water of wisdom».
One of the highlights of the journey is the narrow gap into the Vagabond Cave and view Preikestolen (The Pulpit Rock) from sea level.
Meeting & Startpoint
You will meet our crew at the pier in Stavanger, called Vågen, it is very close to the Fishmarket,
there we ill will dress you up in comfortable waterproof gear and lifejackets for your safety.
After a quick safety brief, you will enter the boat and find a soft, comfy seat to sit on.
We have waterproof bags for your luggage and personal belongings.
You can hold your camera ready during the ride or put your mobile phone in one of the pockets in the suit. The trip starts slowly along the beautiful harbour of Stavanger but when we pass the brigde our RIB boat will speed up!
We will cruise at 30-35 knots (60 km/h) towards the amazing fjords. You will be able to enjoy the mountains and waterfalls surrounding the Lysefjord from the seaside.
After a breathtaking ride close to the steep, tall rocks, we head back to Stavanger where our adventure ends in the very centre of Stavanger, just right there where your trip started.
- Soft action speedboat (RIB)trip
- Safe and comfortable ride
- Soft ergonomic personal jockey seats
- Warm and comfortable floating suit, goggles and lifejacket included
- Experienced crew at helm
- The fastest and funniest way to explore the Lysefjord
- Suitable for all people from age of 4 to 104
- Stunning scenery
- Wild life experiences (seals, small whales, eagles)
Q: What to wear on a speed boat ride?
A: All guests will have a personal suit and a life jacket (PFD). The suit is warm, and also wind and water resistant. In heavy weather, we recommend you to bring a hat and a pair of gloves. We will supply goggles in case of bad weather. We recommend hiking shoes, sneakers, sandals, trainers or barefoot. Anything will work but high heels!
Q: Where to meet?
A: The tour starts and ends in the inner central harbour of Stavanger, close to the Fishmarket.
Q: What is the age limit?
A: Persons older than 14 years can join the trip without any adults. Kids under the age of 14 need to be accompanied by an adult. Absolute minimum age is 6 years.
Q: Is it dangerous? Is it extreme? Is it very fast?
A: Since we started in 2006, nobody has fallen over board. Our skippers are very skilled and experienced. We will always do our best to give our guests a comfortable and safe experience. The trip is not a fast-going-extreme ride, but a soft adventure. We have a cruising speed of 30-35 knots (65 km/h). The trip will always be carefully adjusted according to the weather conditions, and the needs and comfort of the passengers.
Q: Can we take photos? Can we bring a bag?
A: Yes, bring your camera or cell phone. There are pockets in the suit for small items. Just remember to empty your pockets after the ride. We have room for a small bag/backpack for each passenger onboard.
Q: What if someone is pregnant or have back pain or other medical issues?
A: The skipper will advise you if you have medical issues. The seats are very soft and the back section of the boat is more calm and comfortable than the bow section. The trip will mostly be conducted in calm waters. Be aware of your own limits!